Sunday, March 29, 2009

One week to go!

Only 20 tickets left! Have you got yours?

The committee spent the day today packing goodie bags and sorting out prizes. Between raffles and lucky envelopes alone there are about 150 prizes! That means there's enough prizes for everyone to win at least one.

Friday, March 20, 2009


Tickets are selling and donations are rolling in the door. Once again Crop for Kids is shaping up to be a sensational day. I don't want to give away too many surprises, but let me give you a little taste of what you'll get in your goodie bag when you arrive at the hall: a pack of American Crafts thickers, chipboard embellishments, bling, paper, lollies, personal items and discount vouchers. I think that's worth the entry fee right there!

As for raffle prizes, we've got some great ones this year. But we'll keep them a secret until the day. It's not too late to get donations to us either. We can take donations up until March 29th. Whether you're a business or an individual you can donate items. Even if you can't give much, every bit helps and we can make up hampers with smaller items. Just email us at and we'll tell you where you can send it. A big thank you to all our sponsors. You can see their names on the left. Please support them where ever possible.

Don't forget we'll be holding a scrapbooking Trash and Treasure at the crop as well. So pull out all those supplies you are never going to use and make some money on them whilst helping to raise even more money for the Royal Children's Hospital. All you need to do is to place the item/s in a clear plastic bag and decide on a price. Bring it to the Trash and Treasure table in the morning and fill out a label to attach to it. Then at the end of the day, you can go back and see if your item/s have sold (and several times through the day to pick up some bargains). 25% of the selling price will be automatically donated to Crop for Kids, and the remaining 75% will be paid to you, except for magazines where Crop for Kids will take 100% of the selling price. Unfortunately we can only accept magazines less than 12 months old this year. We already have a box full of older ones!

Tickets are selling fast, so if you're planning to come and haven't booked yet, do it today!

Saturday, March 14, 2009

We're famous!

This article appears in the current Get Creative magazine. Can you spot yourself in any of the photos from last year?
Only three weeks now until Crop for Kids. Have you booked your ticket?

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crop for Kids Exclusive Embellishments!

Remember our gorgeous embellishments from last year? This year we've got new ones! Thanks to the generous support of Scrapware and Julie's Craft Stop every cent from the sale of these embellishments will go to The Good Friday Appeal.

To make it even easier for you to get your hands on the embellishments, this year shops in the Silver and Gold sponsorship categories will have the option of stocking them. So speak to your favourite scrapbook shop and encourage them to contact us to find out how they can take part. If there are no shops near you who stock the embellishments, then you can purchase them directly from us. The cost is only $3, plus the cost of postage. Email us at to order.

Now for the great unveiling!

In keeping with the Easter theme of the Good Friday Appeal, Julie’s Craft Stop have created this chipboard embellishment pack consisting of eggs, a basket and daffodils, all contained within a scalloped border. All pieces are laser-cut and easily popped out. Even the letters pop out of the flowers so you can use the positive or negative image!

Scrapware have extended the chipboard people range that they created for Crop for Kids last year. This year we have clothing packs for the people! The images below show the people, the clothes, and what they look like combined. The chipboard people will be available for sale again this year, so customers can buy new boys and girls to dress up! The bow detail on the girl’s pinafore can even be punched out and used as a hair bow! The boy and girl will be sold in one pack, and the clothing in a separate pack.

Also a reminder that tickets are now on sale, and are selling fast! Don't miss out, book your tickets today! Email us at